Updated: 17 May 2021
We do NOT sell or disclose your personal information to others for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products and services.
By using our services or accessing our website, you agree to the following:
1. Personal Information we collect and hold:
1.1. Depending on the services you require, the kinds of personal information which we may collect and hold include
- your name, address and contact details;
- your credit card and / or payment details;
- for customers who require colour matching – details about your vehicle if applicable
If you apply for a position with Autolink Distributors LP or any of our affiliated companies, potential information collected will include – your name, address, contact details, employment history, educational details, date of birth, tax information, bank and superannuation details, references, emergency contacts, medical history and medical tests, and any other screening tests or assessments.
If you are a supplier, we may collect information about your company, employment details and credit details.
1.2. We may collect personal information from you when you use this website and also when you interact with us by phone, by correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email, online chat, messenger, and other similar online mediums), at one of our branches or when we attend at premises to provide services. Please refer to the sections below for more about the information collected from our website and also about how we may use and disclose personal information.
1.3. We may hold personal information electronically or in paper or hard copy. If you have contacted our sales team or if our branches contact you, as part of our procedures, we may record incoming and outgoing calls.
1.4. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able either to provide you with the services or to fulfil another purpose of collection.
2. Information we collect from you through this website:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Some sections of our website invite you to complete online forms or otherwise provide us with information, including your personal information, to assist us to correspond with you. Now or in the future, we may be able to access the information you input to into our website, including any personal information which you provide. This is so even if you do not actually submit your information to us and in these cases we may use this information to ask you whether you require our service. This information will include any information which you provide to us such as:
- your name, home or office and/or other personal address, telephone numbers, email address and other contact details;
- your vehicle and insurance or fleet membership details; and
- records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us.
3. Communicating with you:
Each time you request us to provide you with services, we may send you an email or SMS or call you by telephone to verify the order and confirming details of the goods or services requested and for the purposes of communicating with you in relation to any goods or services you may have requested. We may also send you our service email communications from time to time regarding any technical, administrative or legal notices, our products and services that we consider appropriate. You cannot unsubscribe from these messages.
You consent to us using your personal information to send you marketing message by mail, email, SMS and telephone about related services which may be of interest to you on an ongoing basis. You may unsubscribe from these notices by replying to any such notice with the word "unsubscribe" in the headline, or by contacting our Privacy Officer whose details appear below.
4. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information:
There may be time when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties.
Our related companies (including any joint ventures in which we or our related companies are participants), or to our third party suppliers for commercial purposes, including (as appropriate) providing goods or services to you (including processing your credit card payments), informing you of our other products and services, and to contact you to request information on the level of service we provided to you. We may use and disclose your personal information, whether collected directly by us or by an authorised third party (including your insurance company).
5. Information shared:
5.1. We may disclose your personal information to any appropriate investigative third party if we are required to do so by law, or we believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers; (3) prevent fraud; (4) protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of our website; or (5) protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public (e.g. if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or attempt to pose as someone else, we may disclose such information about you as we have to assist any type of investigation into your actions).
5.2. We may transfer our customer database, including personal information contained therein, to a third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or stock in our company or our website service whether by merger, acquisition, reorganisation or otherwise.
5.3. If there is a breach of privacy and it is a notifiable privacy breach, we may also share your personal information with the Privacy Commissioner in order to comply with our obligations under the Privacy law and any other related laws.
Our website may contain links to other websites, solely for your convenience. Please note, these links do not constitute or imply investigation, verification or endorsement of any linked website by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
7. Access to and Deletion of your Personal Information:
7.1. Supply of your personal information to us is voluntary. At all times, you have the right to inspect your personal information and to request correction where it is in error. If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date, please contact us immediately and we will take reasonable steps to correct this information.
7.2. We are required to retain your account information which may include personal information for as long as we have a lawful purpose for keeping this information. This is because we may need to access historical information for regulatory and business reporting purposes including assessing any future warranty claims which may arise. We will only retain personal information for a lawful purpose and will destroy or de-identify any personal information if the purpose for which we collected the personal information from you no longer exists or applies.
7.3. To request access or correction to your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at the address below.
8. Data Security:
8.1. We take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is appropriately disposed of once it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
Autolink Distributors Privacy Officer
271 Kahikatea Drive
10. Changes to this policy: